Gotech web site is maintained by Elektroniikan Tukkukauppiaat ry.
Elektroniikan Tukkukauppiaat (ETK) ry. was founded on the 14th of December, 1925. At first, the association was called Suomen Radiotehtailijoiden ja Radiokauppiaiden Liitto ry. The association has operated under the current name since 1971.
ETK is a national economic policy lobbying organisation, representing the manufacturers, importers and wholesalers of electronics and household appliances. The aim of the association is to improve the members’ prerequisite for operation, competitiveness and profitability, as well as to monitor and improve the shared general benefits for the members and the electronics industry.
Elektroniikan Tukkukauppiaat ry:
- aims to influence the laws and regulations which govern the industry during the drafting, planning and revising stages
- starts motions and gives statements
- maintains connections with government officials, the media, manufacturing, wholesalers and retailers and their organisations
- offers information, advice and training services to its members
- manages the industry communicating
- produces statistics
- participates in statistics, research, publications and training projects
- follows research, marketing, maintenance, testing and other such activities
- participates in international cooperation projects concerning the industry
The ETK office is located in Mannerheimintie in Helsinki. The CEO of the company is Taina Luukkainen.
The association management board is elected for three calendar years at a time.
Elektroniikan Tukkukauppiaat ry management board:
- Markus Nummisalo, Sales Manager, Samsung Electronics Nordic Ltd, Chairman of the Board
- Peter Bolin, Key Account Manager, Grundig Nordic Ltd.
- Sami Heikkilä, Nordic channel manager, LG Electronics Nordic
- Arto Ilander, Sales manager, BSH Ltd.
- Ludmila Niemi, Country Manager, Electrolux Ltd
- Lauri Paavola, Key Account Manager, Philips Finland
- Esa Silver, Managing Director, Miele Ltd
The association has three departments: The electronics department, the large household appliances department and the small household appliances department. Each department has their own chairman.
The departments and the chairmen
Large household appliances department
Managing Director Esa Silver, Miele Ltd
Small household appliances department
Key Account Manager Lauri Paavola, Philips Finland
Sales Manager Markus Nummisalo, Samsung Electronics Nordic Ltd
The organisations ETK represents include the following:
- Finnish Commerce Federation, Education Committee and Consumer Issues Committee
- The Association of Products and Services Trade ETU, board and executive team
- Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes), electronic products forum
- The Finnish Transport and Communications Agency (Traficom), various digiTV task forces